PDA

View Full Version : Auto Submit with Delay Script Advise Request

Spankmusic
06-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I am not super good at JScript and could use some help. I am trying to get my page to auto submit form data, and I do get it to work fine when only the submit button is used. But when I change over to the auto submit script, it fails to fill the second form (ip address (<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR"-->)) I think that the auto submit script is activated before the ip address can be inputed into the form field? I would like to put a few second delay on the auto submit script if possible? Here is the code.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">document.FORM_NAME.submit();</SCRIPT>

I have found something like this but I am unsure on how to insert it into the script?

setTimeout("yourJSCodeHere;",5000);

Thank You,
:)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Also, here is the entire code that i am using:

<body>

<script language="javascript">
var ip = '<!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR"-->'
function ipval() {
document.FORM_NAME.ipaddr.value=ip;
}
window.onload=ipval
</script>

<FORM METHOD="POST" NAME=FORM_NAME ACTION="/cgi-bin/cgiemail/mail.txt">

<INPUT NAME="success" TYPE="hidden" VALUE="success.url">
<INPUT NAME="contact" TYPE="hidden" SIZE="0" value="Page Has Been Visted">
<INPUT NAME="ipaddr" TYPE="hidden" SIZE="0" readonly>

<!--

///This is when I was using a submit button and it worked fine///
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit">

///This is when I was using a Submit Text Link and it worked fine///
<a href='javaScript:document.FORM_NAME.submit()'>Submit</a>

-->

</FORM>

/// this is the script that I would like to time delay so the IP address has a chance to fill the form///

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">document.FORM_NAME.submit();</SCRIPT>

</body>

Thank You Again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, I figured it out! Yeah!

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">setTimeout("document.FORM_NAME.submit();",5000);</SCRIPT>

This gave it a 5 second delay and the ip address form was filled in and sent properly.

________________________________________________________________________________________

This script worked out really good for me.

It recorded that the page had been visited, recorded the visitors IP address, then sent it to my mail handler, and I got it to not only email the information to me immediately, but it also sent me a SMS text within seconds to my cell phone. I ran it in a frames page so the visitor never knew it happened. Very Cool!