PDA

View Full Version : Purely on javascript

l_kris06
06-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi All,

I am really hoping somebody here would help me with some idea or a suggestion that will help me get started.

Problem:

We just delivered a web app based on PHP to my client, the app is basically a supplementary tool to a larger application. The problem is client does'nt want server side(PHP) involvement at all, because of their IT issues. They want the application purely in javascript.

I am very new to javascript, yes ofcourse i use it for a bit of client side validation here and there, but thats about it.

My questions are:

Can I make forms with input fields (text, select..etc) with only javascript?
Without server side involvement (PHP, ASP..etc), can i collect the form values and calculate results and show in a new page ?
Can I write the results to a text file on the client machine(machine which has this would-be application running) ?

I apologize if these questions are silly in nature, the point is, to me any advise at all would be welcome.

Rgds,
Kris

forum_amnesiac
06-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I would suggest you look at AJAX for this.

l_kris06
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Ajax would require some sort of server side involvement , no ?

vwphillips
06-11-2009, 04:32 PM
1. Can I make forms with input fields (text, select..etc) with only javascript?

Yes

2. Without server side involvement (PHP, ASP..etc), can i collect the form values and calculate results and show in a new page ?

Yes

3. Can I write the results to a text file on the client machine(machine which has this would-be application running) ?

No