PDA

View Full Version : Convert JSP to PHP

SysX
08-23-2005, 03:57 AM
Does anyone know a program that converts JSP to PHP or the tell me what I need to do as haven't done it before?

Twey
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
They're two very different languages. You need to rewrite the script totally; even then it might not work if it uses Java- or JSP-only features.

SysX
08-24-2005, 03:06 AM
It's for a simple online submission form...

Twey
08-24-2005, 10:03 AM
(repeats what he just said)
How do you convert English to Spanish (first person to say "use an online translator" gets walloped with a cold haddock)?

cr3ative
08-24-2005, 11:09 AM
How do you convert English to Spanish (first person to say "use an online translator" gets walloped with a cold haddock)?
Stick a babelfish in your ear.

Twey
08-24-2005, 11:32 AM
(wallops Cr3 with a cold haddock)

SysX
08-25-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't think hitting Cr3 with a haddock is quite the same as using a babelfish, he'll just get confused...

Use someone who has experience in both languages (translator) or a dictionary?

SysX
08-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Or do as a lot of English do when they go to Spain stand there pointing and speaking english very loudly hoping that if you talk loud enough someone will understand.
- Right now I don't know where this is getting me but if I learn something, 'what the hey'!

cr3ative
08-25-2005, 07:01 AM
English-Spanish is the best language.

HELLO? SPEAKO THE ENGLISHO? WE WANTO PLANE TICKETO!

I could listen to it for days.
I live in Brighton, South of the UK, and we get a lot of funny american tourists. You might know of the Brighton Pavilion - I happened to have stopped there on a break from cycling, when I overheard this little gem:

"So, this must be that Buckminster Palace."

Ah, tourists. I love 'em.

cr3

Twey
08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
We get funny everything tourists in Brighton. Japanese:

Excuse! You know way to Leeds?
Certainly. Just drive north for about a quarter of a day, then follow the signs.
Nationally challenged pirate types:

Arr! Ye got a map 'bout yer person, laddie?
I kid you not, one of them even had the wooden leg. Then there was the old (she must have been about 80) Scottish woman who got on buses and continually whacked the bus driver with an umbrella until he let her get off - miles away from her stop. She then hopped on another bus and did exactly the same thing on the way back.

English-Spanish is at its best when seen being bawled loudly at a bewildered Frenchwoman, I find.

cr3ative
08-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Brighton's great. I gave a box of jaffa cakes to a homeless dude, accidentally treading on his dogs tail at the same time. That left a scar.

cr3

Twey
08-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Jaffa-cake fanatic.
"Fool moon!"
"Half moon!"
"Quatter moon!"
"Total ecleepse!"
"Fool moon!"

cr3ative
08-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Hahahahaha!

That advert was ace.
What do you mean, offtopic?

SysX
08-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Ahhh the insanity of it all, well I guess today I needed a good laugh (one of those days).

So what am I doing now then?...

I've used an older PHP form that works for the site that I'm updating this form for and the submit function doesn't want to work, I've tried both of these:

<P><INPUT type="submit" value="Send Request"> or <INPUT type="reset" value="Reset Form"> </P></CENTER>
&

<INPUT id=Submit_Button type=submit value=Submit name=Submit_Button><INPUT id=Cancel_Button type=submit value=Cancel name=Cancel_Button></P>

P.S. Do ya both live near Brighton or somthin'?