PDA

View Full Version : Show Hint move box

Ralze34
06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
1) Script Title: Show Hint script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/showhint.htm

3) Describe problem: The script is set to display the hint box to the right of the link. I need to have the box to the left of the link (having it directly under wouldn't hurt either). Anyway, I have tried modifying the horizontal_offset and this does move the box more to the left, however it also covers up the link. Since I am calling this script several times it makes all the boxes jumbled as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ddadmin
06-02-2009, 05:05 PM
To get the script to always show the hint to the left, try commenting out the below line inside the following (in red):

//if (windowedge-dropmenuobj.x < dropmenuobj.contentmeasure)
edgeoffset=dropmenuobj.contentmeasure+obj.offsetWidth+parseInt(horizontal_offset)

Ralze34
06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
To get the script to always show the hint to the left, try commenting out the below line inside the following (in red):

//if (windowedge-dropmenuobj.x < dropmenuobj.contentmeasure)
edgeoffset=dropmenuobj.contentmeasure+obj.offsetWidth+parseInt(horizontal_offset)

Great that worked perfect! I have now switched the vertical_offset to 15 (which drops it just below the link) and I am working on adjusting the horizontal_offset a little more to get it lined up as I need it. My goal is to have the left line of the hint box matchup with the first letter in the link. Thanks!