PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapse cookie limit

crirus
06-02-2009, 10:56 AM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

If I use persistence with the script on a header zone of the site, it will automatically try to remember the status for each page, writing tons of cookies with page identifier.

This will run Firefox out of cookies room (default50) for that domain so it will start erasing other website cookies like user session with quite annoying results.

Any way to build a better management of cookies for this script by keeping all data under same cookie entry?

ddadmin
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, the script shouldn't be creating tons of cookie values. It uses just two cookie names, both of which are site wide cookies by default. Can you provide more info on how cookies set by the script is over reaching itself?

crirus
06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
well, it takes the page and create unique ID for each cookie that is later used as cookie name.

So for each new script in url it generates another cookie.

ddadmin
06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
well, it takes the page and create unique ID for each cookie that is later used as cookie name.

So for each new script in url it generates another cookie.

Are you using the old v1.x version of the script? If I recall correctly, that was how the cookies were set in that version, but the newer v2.x jQuery version does away with that.

crirus
06-03-2009, 05:50 AM
I guess I am, I will try new one,

thank you for support