PDA

View Full Version : Using Pop-It Menu with image maps

blue8019
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
1) Script Title: Pop-It Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/popit.htm

3) Describe problem: I had problems with Pop-It and polygon image mapping working good in IE and not functioning at all in FF or Safari.

I tried to use the Pop-It code out of the box (GREAT code BTW :)) and used it on polygon shaped image mapping on various regions of a map on North America to pop-up dynamic menus of regional reps and distributors. It worked very, very well on IE 7.0 but would not work on Firefox 3.0.10 or Safari 3.2.3 and I could not figure out why.

After much trouble shooting I found that the fix is to change the <a href="#" onMouseover="showmenu(event,linkset[0])" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()"></a> line to the following when attached to shapes:

href="#" onMouseover="showmenu(event,linkset[1])" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()">

Final version of one line of my code is:
<area shape=POLY coords="323,43,323,43,114,7,84,109,235,144,234,157,314,166,322,43,322,43" href="#" onMouseover="showmenu(event,linkset[0])" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()">

I am a newbie here and thought I would share this for I have read numerous posts/questions everywhere on how to create and use dynamic pop-up menus with polygon defined images.

Hope this helps. Thanks to all for your hard work, it is much appreciated!