PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Licensing question

Dauntless
05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi,

My question is a general one, not related to a specific script, but since I can't post this without an url:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/findpage.htm

I am creating an application that loads & displays documentation files (fe JavaDoc files). I now want the viewers to be able to search through a page. One of your scripts does exactly that and I would like to use it. The problem is: I have to have the licensing information on the page with the content itself. Every page I load already has a .js file accompanied which is the same for all the documentation files generated by the tool (like JavaDoc). This means that I don't have to load the .js file because I can distribute it together with the application itself. What I would like to do is add the DD-script to the existing .js file. Since I am not able to edit the .html files themselves, I am unable to put the licensing information in there. It also wouldn't really make any sense since you wouldn't be able to view the source of the page in any way.

I hope I am being clear, but here's a summary:
- Have an application that loads html files, created by 3th parties
- Want to use one of your scripts
- Application does not have a "show source" option for html files
- All html files already load a certain .js file that I CAN modify
- => I want to add the script to the .js file
- ==> This would brake the license agreement.

What to do?

And by the way: My application is free to download for everyone, but not open-source (although you can easily navigate to the .js file when the application is installed)

Greets,
Dauntless

ddadmin
05-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi:
That's fine. While the Usage Terms doesn't specifically cover what you're doing above, we always try and make exceptions based on the specific situation. Good luck!

Dauntless
05-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Great, thanks!!