PDA

View Full Version : Frame Scrolling

MichaelGuinane
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
1) Script Title:
Frames
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/item/css-left-and-top-frames-layout/

First off this isn't an issue with script provided at DD, but I was hoping there was someone here who has a simple solution.

3) Describe problem:
I have a page set up with frames (for lots of reasons...so don't want to use tables as a solution). I don't want the individual frames to scroll. I want to force the entire page to scroll both horizontally and vertically when the browser is resized less than say 800x600 to prevent the page content "squeezing/overlapping".

Any help would be appreciated as I am a Civil engineer by trade and have reached my limit with Googling for a workaround.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET ROWS="153,*">
<FRAME SRC="Title.html" NAME=TITLE SCROLLING=NO BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0"FRAMEBORDER=NO CELLPADDING"0" CELLSPACING="0" noresize="noresize">

<FRAMESET COLS="220,*">
<FRAME SRC="Left.html" NAME=SIDEBAR SCROLLING=NO BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" FRAMEBORDER=NO CELLPADDING"0" CELLSPACING="0" noresize="noresize">
<FRAME SRC="main.html" NAME=MAIN BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" FRAMEBORDER=NO CELLPADDING"0" CELLSPACING="0" noresize="noresize">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>NOFRAMES stuff
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>
</BODY>
</HTML>