PDA

View Full Version : AnylinkCss doesn't work with overflow?

renderedlife
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLinkCss

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm using the anylinkscss script to display drop down menus (a lot of them!) on a page that has overflow enabled. It appears that the position of the drop-down menus is absolute. In other words, if I have enabled a drop-down menu for an element on a scrollable page, and I scroll the page, the anylink drop-down does not follow.

Is there a setting to make this script follow objects when they scroll? Or, is this script only intended for static menus that do not move on a page?

Thanks!

renderedlife
05-25-2009, 05:01 PM
FYI: I did open up the anylinkcssmenu.css and set all style to "relative" instead of "absolute" and that did not resolve my problem.

Suggestions?

cheers,

RL

ddadmin
05-26-2009, 06:03 AM
The drop down menus are absolutely positioned, though "relative" to the anchor link it's associated with. This arrangement is required so a drop down menu can be arbitrary associated with any anchor link on the page. I'm not sure I quite understand understand what circumstances this is a problem. Do you have a link to the problem page and what we should do to recreate the issue?

renderedlife
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
ah, see that's what i'm talking about .. it appears that with my implementation, the menus are not relative to the anchor link ..

it's a complex site with many css files, so there might be a collision somewhere ..

i'll try to post a link to a test page today with the problem .. please check back this thread, because i really need to get this to work ..

thanks for your help

RL

kbescape
06-09-2009, 04:35 PM
I am having the same issue with Anylink Menu and overflow scrolling.
here is a test page (http://archipelcapital.com/zTest.htm) I've been working on. If you scroll down and roll over "Financial Models" the drop down menu appears under the address footer at the bottom of the page. If the menu was not contained in an overflow div this is about where the drop down would appear on the page.
Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!