PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate slideshow preload problem

Rodney Arnoldi
05-19-2009, 05:45 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate fade slideshow V1.51

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Iím afraid it is another question about the ultimate slideshow! I am using it on my website: www.lankavillas.com My problem is with the slideshow starting to change before the first image has fully downloaded. I have spent a lot of time reading the forums back to 2006 regarding preload and from that I did add an extra bit of script which was supposed to preload the first image before going onto the next image. I think this would only show up for people with a slow internet connection like mine, as a friend in the UK has not noticed the problem. When I delete the cookies and files in IE so it appears I am viewing my pages for the first time, it is then I am aware of the problem. Could someone kindly check the slideshow script on my website to see if it is set up correctly? It may well be difficult to see the problem if you have a fast broadband connection. Some slideshows on websites have a downloading sign while waiting for the images to download. Can that be added to the script? Many thanks, Rodney