PDA

View Full Version : Left/Right Curtain Script Change

spcover
08-18-2005, 05:00 AM
I'm referring to the Left/Right Curtain Effect at

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/document6.htm

I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the curtains of solid color with individual images of a left and right curtain.

I have a stock photo of a theater curtain. I can cut it into two halves, a left.jpg and a right.jpg.

I'd like the script to do the same curtain effect, but move left.jpg and right.jpg from the center outwards until they disappear. Or something similar.

Any ideas how it could be done?

Thanks much.

Sean

jscheuer1
08-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Without a major rewrite of the script and perhaps even then, no. However, an effect much like what you are talking about can easily be achieved by rewriting the style section and creating one image that can be tiled to look like a curtain. So that this image can be viewed side to side and repeated vertically, it must be symmetrical left to right and top to bottom. This means, in the case of a curtain image, it would contain just one fold or billow. It's dimensions should be roughly the width of the fold or billow and about 100px in height. Don't worry about getting the image perfect at first, you can fine tune it once you get the effect working. Here is how to modify the style:

<style>
.intro{
position:absolute;
left:0;
top:0;
layer-background-color:red;
background:red url('curtain.gif');
border:20px solid transparent!important;border:none;
z-index:9;
}
</style>The border only comes into play with Mozilla and its size may need to be adjusted with any given image to avoid a gap in the curtain.