PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Menu disappearing links

babyewok
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.02)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddsmoothmenu.htm

The links of a submenu disappear in IE6 when it contains a further submenu. All the first level links are fine and also the second level links IF they do not contain a further submenu.

I had this problem in IE7 too, but it was solved by disabling the shadows. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky with IE as I still get the problem there. The links reappear once you have hovered over them, but not before.

Please help! I am pulling my hair out over this one!!

ddadmin
04-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Does this happen with the default DD demo as well, or just on your own page? If the later, make sure your nested lists are nested properly.

With the default demo, Folder 2 contains 3 levels deep of sub menus. In IE6, it works for me.

babyewok
04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for your reply. No, it doesn't happen on the demo version. I'll take a look at the nested lists and get back to you - they are pulled from a database with php

babyewok
04-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Well, I had a look at the source code of the generated page and as far as I can see, the lists are nested just fine.

ddadmin
04-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Have you tried running the page through the HTML Validator (http://validator.w3.org/) to see if there are any errors with the list?

babyewok
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
The validator didn't pick up anything wrong with the list. Here it is...

<div id="smoothmenu1" class="ddsmoothmenu" style="padding:0px;">
<ul>
<li style="margin:0;padding:0; " ><a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/3-helicopters-rc" title="">Helicopters RC</a>
<ul>
<li class="last"><a href="/19-mini-coptas" title="">Mini Coptas</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li style="margin:0;padding:0; " >
<a class="menu_2" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/2-aircraft-rc" title="">Aircraft RC</a>
<ul>
<li >
<a href="/28-ben-buckle-s-old-timers" title="Old timers a pleasure to build a pleasure to fly">Ben Buckle's old timers</a>
</li>
<li class="last">
<a href="/29-phoenix-aircraft" title="Imprted by Logic RC we at Tempest are proud to be a dealer for them">Phoenix Aircraft</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/30-trainers" title="Your 1st Radio Control Aircraft">Trainers</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/4-boats-rc" title="">Boats RC</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/20-propellas-shafts" title="">Propellas / Shafts</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/8-cars-rc" title="">Cars RC</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/21-1-18" title="">1/18</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/9-indoor-aviation-fun" title="">Indoor Aviation Fun</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/22-indoor-fixed-wing" title="">Indoor Fixed Wing</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/10-batteries-chargers" title="">Batteries &amp; Chargers</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/23-chargers-balancers" title="">Chargers &amp; Balancers</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_2" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/11-railway" title="">Railway</a>
<ul>
<li >
<a href="/12-horby-railway" title="">Horby Railway</a>
<ul>
<li >
<a href="/15-scale-autos" title="">Scale Autos</a>
</li>
<li class="last">
<a href="/26-lyddl-end" title="">Lyddl End</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li >
<a href="/13-railway" title="">Railway</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/14-loco-kits" title="">Loco Kits</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/16-plastic-kits" title="">Plastic Kits</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/24-1-35-scale" title="">1/35 Scale</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="menu_1" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/17-paints-glues-etc" title="">Paints &amp; Glues, etc</a>
<ul>
<li class="last">
<a href="/25-revell-paints" title="">Revell Paints</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li style="margin:0;padding:0; " class="last">
<a class="menu_0" style="padding:5px; padding-right:0;" href="/18-logic-rc-fusion" title="">Logic RC Fusion</a>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

babyewok
05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Any ideas?

babyewok
06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
No one got any idea what's going on here??

melvs
07-02-2009, 06:16 AM
hi. i think i encountered the same IE problem as yours. my solution was to use the latest jquery 1.3.2. my problem was solved.