View Full Version : Help with Photo Album script v2.0

DannyV
04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
1) Script Title:
Photo Album script v2.0
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/photoalbum.htm
3) Describe problem:
Can somebody help me? I am trying to put this script on a page. The pictures are perfectly positioned, but for some reason it is not generationg the pagination div. So I cannot view more than one set of photos. Does somebody know whats wrong and how to fix it?

jscheuer1
04-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Perhaps you only have enough images for one 'page'. But it could be any number of things. The easiest way for us to tell would be to have a look:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

DannyV
04-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I was finishing the site up before i posted it online.
But since I am really trying to get this done, I put the unfinished site on the internet for now.

the page is www.kvlandscapeatoz.com/album.html (http://www.kvlandscapeatoz.com/album.html)

As you can see from the src, I have four images that i am trying to display in a 1x2 fashion. So in theory, there should be two pages

Note that this site is still quite a ways from being done.

thank you for your help.

jscheuer1
04-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Your table is too high. Ordinarily that would just place the pagination links down lower. But something else on your page, perhaps the height of the table's container element is preventing them from being seen.

Try 300 instead of 600 (change highlighted and red):

<script type="text/javascript">

//Define your own array to hold the photo album images
//Syntax: ["path_to_thumbnail", "opt_image_title", "opt_destinationurl", "opt_linktarget"]

var myvacation=new Array()
myvacation[0]=["bna1asmall.jpg", "Before", "bna1a.jpg"]
myvacation[1]=["bna1bsmall.jpg", "After", "bna1b.jpg"]
myvacation[2]=["bna2asmall.jpg", "Before", "bna2a.jpg"]
myvacation[3]=["bna2bsmall.jpg", "After", "bna2b.jpg"]

//initiate a photo gallery
//Syntax: new photogallery(imagearray, cols, rows, tablewidth, tableheight, opt_[paginatetext_prefix, paginatetext_linkprefix])
var thepics=new photogallery(myvacation, 2, 1, '700px', '300px')

//OPTIONAL: Run custom code when an image is clicked on, via "onselectphoto"
//DELETE everything below to disable
//Syntax: function(img, link){}, whereby img points to the image object of the image, and link, its link object, if defined
thepics.onselectphoto=function(img, link){
if (link!=null) //if this image is hyperlinked
window.open(link.href, "", "width=650, height=500, status=1, resizable=1")
return false //cancel default action when clicking on image, by returning false instead of true
}

</script>

DannyV
04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you very much that seems to work perfectly.