PDA

View Full Version : Page with iFrame-ticker code won't upload to Server

Dovell
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
1) Script Title: iFrame Ticker

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ame-ticker.htm

3) Describe problem: I have copied your iFrame Ticker code into my Dreamweaver’s index.php page and got everything to work and tested using Dreamwever’s Live View. But when I go to upload the index.php file to my server using FileZilla I get file transfer errors. I called the server company and we were able to upload other files with no trouble. So then I went into the index.php and made the your code line:

iframe id="tickermain" src="exfile.htm" width=661 height=80 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 hspace=0 vspace=0 frameborder=1 scrolling=no></iframe

into a comment line (basically disabling the function) and then the index.php file had no trouble uploading to the server.

How do I fix the problem and still use your ticker program?

ddadmin
04-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

Dovell
04-24-2009, 05:05 AM
That's the problem. I can't post it on the server since the server rejects the upload. So how I will post? Here some of the code. The site is www.access-smart.com

<td width="661" height="84" valign="middle" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<!--<IFRAME> ticker- By Dynamic Drive-->
<!--For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com-->
<!--This credit MUST stay intact for use-->

<iframe id="tickermain" src="exfile.htm" width=661 height=80 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 hspace=0 vspace=0 frameborder=1 scrolling=no></iframe></td>
</tr>
</table>
<h3><strong>If your business needs to solve one or more of these issues, then
Access Smart's Power LogOn is an affordable, easy-to-use security solution
without the burdens. </strong></h3>

ddadmin
04-24-2009, 07:27 AM
If I understand correctly then, your web host scans the contents of all pages, and strips any IFRAME tags found inside them? This is rather extreme as far as security IMO. It means in general your pages cannot use the IFRAME tag, whether it's from this script, or in general...

Dovell
04-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, sorry but I will have to look for an alternative solution. Have any recomendations that work simularly to your iframe-ticker. What about a Flast Text Fader?