PDA

View Full Version : Scolling on iFrame SSI script 1

meebix
08-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Hey,

I am trying to use the iFrame SSI script 1, I have added the content to the header and I have placed the iFrame script within my body where I want it to be shown. I have placed the script inside of a table where I want the external page to be loaded.

For some reason when the page loads it has a scrolling bar, but I don't want it to have one. I have the scrolling set to scrolling="no" but I still get the bar.

I have tried other settings also like auto and yes but still nothing.

Someone please help me out. Thanks

KE5EHI
08-16-2005, 03:46 AM
The iframe has a scrollbar or the broswer window has a scroll bar?

meebix
08-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Yea I put the iFrame script into the news table where I want the content to load, and when the page loads the Table with the content has a scroller. Just the iFrame has a scroller not the entire browser.

I dont want the iFrame to have a scroller, and I specifically told it no scolling like I said before, but a scroller still appears in the table.

skilled1
08-16-2005, 10:43 PM
you will have to specify scrolling in the document you are accessing in the iFrame

so if you have index.html with an iframe:center.html / then center.html will have to have scroll=no in the body tag

this should take care of your problem.

meebix
08-17-2005, 01:05 AM
I have tried your suggestions, I still get the scroll bar. I remember installing this script once before and not having this problem. However, for some reason I cannot get the scroll bar to go away.

Please help asap :(

Thanks.

jscheuer1
08-17-2005, 06:14 AM
you will have to specify scrolling in the document you are accessing in the iFrame

so if you have index.html with an iframe:center.html / then center.html will have to have scroll=no in the body tag

this should take care of your problem.I'd never heard of:

<body scroll="no">

So I figured I'd try it. Seems to work fine in IE but, not in Mozilla. This works in both browsers:

<body style="overflow:hidden;">

meebix
08-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey Finally :) Thanks a bunch John, really appreciate it.