PDA

View Full Version : browser

hayseed
08-15-2005, 10:11 PM
could someone point in the right direction please.... just point not asking for anyone to do it....

what i'm try to do is create a script similar to the slide show scripts here on DD, but instead of img's i'm trying to load the target in the browser address bar.... somewhat like steping thru a collection of web pages.... the actual targets will be in a folder on my computer, not on the web.... it sounds strange i know but the end result would be to place in the address bar of a second web page links like below one at a time,

C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c1
C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c2
C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c3
C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c4

on and on to 100...

if i copy and paste one of those address's in and click go everything works fine..... i have tried to adapt DDrives slide show scripts but no go.... thanks to everyone.....esp DDrive.....h

shachi
08-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Can you make it a bit clear for me please? If you are looking for your own online browser like which is in the one in my site (http://captninsano.tripod.com/browser.html)
Then may be I can help or just tell me what you are trying to make a bit clearly.
Thanks.

jscheuer1
08-16-2005, 09:09 AM
If you are wanting to open a second window for this, it should be relatively simple. Except, the browser will not display a file named c1 as html. so rename your files to like c1.htm, etc.

<html>
<head>
<title>Open Window Slide - Demo</title>
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var i=2, happen, winDow
function begin(){
winDow=window.open('C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c1.htm','slideWin')
happen=setInterval("slideIt()",3000) //3000 is the delay in milliseconds
}
function slideIt(){
var file='C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c'+i+'.htm'
window.open(file,'slideWin')
i++
if (i>100)
i=1
}
</script>
<input type="button" value="Begin" onclick="begin();"><br>
<input type="button" value="End" onclick="clearInterval(happen);winDow.close()">
</body>
</html>

hayseed
08-16-2005, 11:15 AM
hey shachi.... captain insane-o.... neat.... what i'm trying to do is similar to this slide show (http://clearstation.etrade.com/cgi-bin/bbs?post_id=5222394) but instead of opening each chart in the form, actualy send the target address to a new browser window... wait a few seconds and then send the next address....

hey john.... works in quirks as a string, thats my favorite book.... i'm trying to adapt your code now, its giving me an error....

your correct the file will not open in the browser but it will open in another program.... if i were to paste this address in the browser and click go , it will pull up the chart in metastock.... C:\Data9\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c1.mws.... if a script could scroll thru a list of these it would be in effect a slide show in metastock but never actually open the files in the browser window........ my thoughts were something along the line of a timed redirect script or DDrive slide shows ..... possibly there is a script that will scroll thru a folder and try to open each, that would accomplish the same thing...... thanks for your help.... h hayseedville (http://hayseedville.com/)

jscheuer1
08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
It's "it is said" or "it's said", not "its said". Anyways, the little demo I wrote works with *.htm files. It would be hard for me test for your situation, not having any '*.mws' files but did you try:

winDow=window.open('C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c1.mws','slideWin')and:

var file='C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c'+i+'.mws'

hayseed
08-17-2005, 09:55 PM
hey john... thanks for your reply.... yes i tried all versions and combinations of targets, ''C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart\c'+i+'.mws'' and such.... none seem to work... i'm sure it can be done, just not adept at java....

trying now just to code something that will scroll thru the ''C:\Datah2\Nasdaq100\MSSmart folder itself and attempt to open each seperate file... i can double click on each seperate file and they open properly.... having a script to do that for me in a timed delay would be simliar to the DDrive slide shows here..... thats my goal....thanks again......h