PDA

View Full Version : Drop-in content box - Add On Idea

bpm
10-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Hello,

I had an idea for the Drop-in content box script but don't know exacly how to go about it.

On my site I have included the drop in box and have a newsletter subscription form in it.

The idea is this: When the submit button is pressed in the form the drop in box would close and a secondary drop in box would be triggered contaning text such as thanks for signing up to the newletter. All of this without leaving the orignal main page.

I guess the "onclick" command would be used to trigger the secondary drop in box.

For an example of what I'm talking about this is my site with the drop in box included: http://www.bizpro-marketing.com

Thanks

cr3ative
10-20-2004, 01:15 PM
I think you would need a second instance of the script running with autostart deactivated. However this script does not support 2 instances on one page, so I don't think this is possible.

cr3ative

bpm
10-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Hello and Thanks for your reply.

I guess there would be another issue. I like to have the cookie where it only shows up once per session. So two instances of the script would cause the second not to open anyway uless the a different cookie ID was put in.

Do you know then how to deactivate autostrat.
Also do you know how to trigger the window with a click of the submit button while closing the existing.

If I knew these things I could play around.

Thanks for your time.