PDA

View Full Version : Javascript help

Geoff2149
08-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi all, I am looking to try to find a javascript to help me overcome a problem, I am looking to store a series of PDF files in a folder, what I am looking for is a javascript that will look at this folder and create a webpage listing the filenames contained in that folder with links to access the documents...

does anyone know of a script out there that can do this or any other system that can handle this... :)

Many Thanks

Geoff

jscheuer1
08-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Javascript alone can do this easily only if the names of the files are uniform, with just a number(s) differentiating one from the other. Is this the case? Otherwise, some server side approach would be needed.

hayseed
08-15-2005, 09:52 PM
hey Geoff2149.... was fixin to ask a question and noticed your post, my java script is poor at best .... so not sure of a java solution but that can be accomplished with ms frontpage but just as easily ms word.... word has an insert function for html links.... i use that everyday....h

Twey
08-17-2005, 07:16 PM
You can't. Try using a server-side solution.

/EDIT: Actually, I tell a lie. You could use your webserver's listing of the directory and AJAX to include it on the page. However, AJAX is currently a little beyond my ken.