PDA

View Full Version : Favicons worked yesterday but disappear today?

trader
04-14-2009, 05:44 PM
1) Script Title: Favicon Generator

2) Script URL (on DD): http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon/

After considerable frustration, time and effort I finally got the favicons generated and sucessfully working on 5 websites yesterday. I tested all 5 sites many times thruout the day and the favicons all worked well.

The bad news is when I went to all 5 sites this morning all favicons somehow disappeared. That's right, they are gone and replaced by the normal IE icon.

I did not do anything to the sites since the last time the favs worked yesterday so it's not attibutable to something I may have done. Any ideas?

Snookerman
04-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Please post a link to the page(s) on your site(s) so we can check it/them out and help you.
Also, this comes from the page you linked to:

Note that your favicon may not appear immediately after you've completed the above two steps. In fact, it may take a few days, and in IE, sometimes the favicon will disappear from time to time due to a browser bug.

trader
04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Was working on Day 1, not working Day 2, working today day 3. Really odd. Thanks.

trader
04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Today's on and off update (re all 5 sites):

Was working all day on Day 1, not working all Day 2, was working all day 3, not working again today Day 4.

This is really odd and frustrating. Must be a Favicon bug with IE. Surprising the bug was never fixed by MS after all this time.