PDA

View Full Version : Signature Script

TnMountainMan
08-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Greetings to all. New here and I wanted to know if someone may know a way of creating a "signature" of a name to be incorporated into a website? I know there is a way to do this and I would need something that could be used over and over again.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TnMountainMan

ddadmin
08-14-2005, 08:55 PM
By signature, do you mean a written signature of your name? You'll need a drawing tablet to do this...

jscheuer1
08-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Or possibly a scanner. I could probably photograph a signature with my digital camera as well. That is if all you want is for it to appear on the page. Is what you want a sort of digital signature to verify that it is your work? PGP (pretty good protection) might work for that but, anything like that could be removed by others. What exactly are you after? There are digital signatures (certificates?) but I'm not sure how that is done. I think you have to pay to keep those current.

ddadmin
08-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Ah yes i forgot about the good old scanner. With those all-in-one printers so common these days (just wait until you have to change the ink lol), you could scan your signature as well and save it as an image.

TnMountainMan
08-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Thank you for the responses. I apoligize for not being more precise. Signature as in: When writing a letter or statement and then signing the document.

jscheuer1
08-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Still not really clear enough for me. Do you want a visual signature to appear on the page like a graphic of your signature, or some digital equivalent of a signature that shows unquestionably who the author is for those that know how to read the digital signature?

TnMountainMan
08-16-2005, 05:04 AM
A visual signature to appear on the page like a graphic of your own hand written signature.

jscheuer1
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Well then, if you haven't already, use one of the methods mentioned above for that.

cynicist
10-10-2005, 03:06 AM
An even simpler way is to use http://www.imagephaze.com

Twey
10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
... what?