PDA

View Full Version : Sub-menus dissapearing time in Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.5)

MinasC
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hello there.
Is there a way to set a speed of the sub-menus dissapearing on mouse out? (I want it to go up actually, exactly the opposite way it dropped down, taking the same time to do so as the drop down action)
Thanx in advance.

ddadmin
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Have you tried upping the value in the following line within the .js file:

disappeardelay: 250, //set delay in miliseconds before menu disappears onmouseout

MinasC
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes I already tried that but neither the time of the dissapearing sub-menus, or the way they dissapear (no smooth dissapear) changed. :(

ddadmin
04-09-2009, 11:01 PM
That setting should affect the delay before the sub menu disappears onMouseout (not to be confused with appear onMouseover). What happens if you change it to a value such as:

disappeardelay: 2500,

MinasC
04-10-2009, 01:04 AM
ok, I made a mistake before, I obviously made a minor change to the time (didn't calculate correctly in millisecs) and I didn't notice the difference. You were right, the time the sub-menus take to dissapear change by changing that number (sorry for that).
Still it doesn't dissapear with a slide out though. You know, the opposite of the slide in it performs on mouse over.

ddadmin
04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Still it doesn't dissapear with a slide out though. You know, the opposite of the slide in it performs on mouse over.

Hmm what doesn't disappear onMouseout? The setting above applies to the delay before the sub menu disappears onMouseout...

MinasC
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
my bad, obviously I didn't explain good enough. by changing disappeardelay the sub-menus dissapear with a delay as it should, but my question is whether I could make it dissapear with a sliding (out) effect, which is the opposite to the "sliding in" way of appearance of the sub-menus. I hope it's clear now.