PDA

View Full Version : Images not loading due to wrong file types

martyb6
04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
1) Script Title: Preloaded slide show script by Jason Moon

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/preloadslide.htm

3) Describe problem: This script seems to be perfect for what I need. I can't figure out this weird problem I'm having. The site displays the buttons & such correctly, but FF shows the "broken link" icon. Right clicking where the image should be and selecting "properties" shows the proper path to the image, but shows image type as "text/html". I've tried saving the image in PhotoShop Elements as *.gif with the same results. However, if I save that same image as *.png it works! The png file size is like 10 times larger than the jpg, so I definitely want to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've loaded other images in jpg and gif format that exist on the site and they work too. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong with these other jpg's? Thank you.

martyb6
04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Well, after going through every setting I could think of in WinXP, FireFox, FileZilla, XSitePro2, PhotoShop Elements, etc., etc. spending maybe 4 hours...turns out in my image array I'd separated one set with a "period" instead of a "comma". Jeez.