PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Slideshow - Some images not displaying

margl
03-31-2009, 04:13 PM
DAMN! Don't you hate sneaky capital letters. I just realized that these two filenames had capital letters in them.

1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (v1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hi,

I am having a problem with the fade-in slideshow where some of the images are not displaying. Of the 5 images in my slideshow, only 3 are displaying. The slideshow works fine on my local computer, but does not work when on my web server. The images that do not display are loaded onto the server. I know this because they are displaying correctly in other web pages as static images.

URL with slideshow problem: www.greatbeartours.com/test.htm

Problem images:
1. _images/slide242.jpg (which displays correctly on www.greatbeartours.com/great_bear_lodge.htm)

2. _images/wolf2008.jpg (which displays correctly on www.greatbeartours.com/confirm.htm)

I have tried the following:

a) Reloading the images from my computer to the server.
b) Changing the slideshow so that each image displays for longer (by altering both the delay and the obj.degree
c) Changing the order of images in the slideshow. The two problem images do not display, no matter where they appear in the slideshow array.
d) Reloading the javascript file, and the .htm.

Notes:
- This problem occurs across multiple browsers (eg ie7 and Safari).
- If I replace the images above with other images, the new images display correctly. So it would appear that these particular images are the problem (and I really like them, so I'd love to include them in this slideshow...and also understand what is going on, of course!)
- The problem doesn't appear to be the size of the images, because slide242.jpg is smaller (111K) than another image which is displaying correctly, slide185jpg (133K).

Any help would be much appreciated!
Marg