View Full Version : Chinese Language

ashhad4u
08-12-2005, 05:53 AM
hi...

i wanna convert ma site in chinese language

Step1 -
I convert text (english) in chinese n upload that site with font
but it shows the site in eglish ...

is there any method / script to detect the particular CHINESE FONT in User's PC or show the DOWNLOAD FONT OPTION if font not available.

plz :(

mwinter
08-12-2005, 11:27 PM
is there any method / script to detect the particular CHINESE FONT in User's PCNo. However, many fonts contain many Unicode glyphs and browsers are typically aware of what fonts to use in order to display a particular glyph.

The important thing is to ensure that your document is encoded properly so that it treats the byte stream properly. The proper, most reliable way is to have the server send this information as it serves the document. You might need to contact your host and ask if they can configure your site to send the correct charset parameter in the Content-Type HTTP header. The alternative approach is to include a meta element that contains this encoding information in the head element of each document:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=encoding">where encoding may be something like UTF-8 or ISO-2022-CN. If you choose this method of encoding, then the scheme must not change the meaning of characters in the 0-127 codepoint range. For instance, 'A' must still be a latin A, '0' the digit zero, and so forth.

to show the DOWNLOAD FONT OPTION if font not available.Downloadable fonts were never really a feature that caught on, and aren't the issue (as I see it).

Hope that helps,
Mike