PDA

View Full Version : Need to style RSS display boxes

drconsolidated
03-25-2009, 07:44 PM
1) Script Title: RSS Display Boxes

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex18/rssdisplaybox/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have gotten the script up and running on my site, but now I want to style it. I linked the stylesheet at the top of the page in which I have the feed running, but I'm not sure if that's where it goes.

I'm sure the answer is simple, but I have no idea what to do at this point. How do I style the thing and where do I needs link(s) to the CSS.

Thanks!

ddadmin
03-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Have you tried editing rssdisplaybox.css that comes with the script? It lets you style most parts of the RSS feed, unless the output itself contains HTML that styles each entry (overriding your CSS's style).

drconsolidated
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Yes, in a way. To test and see if it was detecting the style sheet, I simply Ctrl-X'd the content of it, saved it and uploaded it to see if there was any difference. There was no difference between when the style sheet was blank and when it wasn't. I pasted all the values back in so I'd have them, but in effect there is no style applied to it right now.

Is there some part of the process when you have to link a particular file to the stylesheet, or it is ready to be styled out of the box?

ddadmin
03-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Nope, everything should be styled already based on the contents of the .css file. I assume on the top of your page, you've added:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="rssbox/rssdisplaybox.css" />

and verified that the path to the .css file above is correct?