PDA

View Full Version : Simple Controls Gallery v1.3 Firefox problem Error: DIV

reflections-pd
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I am having a problem with this Script: Simple Controls Gallery v1.3 when using Firefox 3.07 I get the error: Error: DIV with ID "simplegallery1" not found on page.

After I click OK on the error the script works fine. How do I get the error not to come up? I tried to follow the direction for building this script but apparently I didn't do something right.

The error page is at: http://dutchpark.com/2009/test3.html
This is the script I was trying to do: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/simplegallery.htm

Thanks, Kevin

ddadmin
03-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Did you correct the issue already? I'm not getting the alert message in FF3.x.

reflections-pd
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I did figure it out. Thanks

capnhud
12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
What would cause this error? It seems that this script calls a simple gallery on every page when you only want it on one.

If I am correct it has something to do with this from line 42

if (setting.$wrapperdiv.length==0){ //if no wrapper DIV found
alert("Error: DIV with ID \""+setting.wrapperid+"\" not found on page.")
return

how do you disable this?

ddadmin
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
capnud:
Well, for every page that references the Simple Gallery .js file, the script will try and display a gallery on that page, yes. The script does a check on the page in question to see if an empty DIV is defined to house the gallery, and if non is found, alerts an error message. You can disable that message by commenting out the below line inside the .js file:

//alert("Error: DIV with ID \""+setting.wrapperid+"\" not found on page.")
return
}

capnhud
12-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I was not sure how much of that I needed to comment out in order for that to work. Problem is solved

fmangione
11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I've the same problem with my website...
Error: DIV with ID "windfinder" not found on page.
Someone can help me please...?

fmangione
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I've the same problem with my website...
Error: DIV with ID "windfinder" not found on page.
Someone can help me please...?
I can leave The URL

jscheuer1
11-28-2010, 04:57 PM
capnud:
Well, for every page that references the Simple Gallery .js file, the script will try and display a gallery on that page, yes. The script does a check on the page in question to see if an empty DIV is defined to house the gallery, and if non is found, alerts an error message. You can disable that message by commenting out the below line inside the .js file:

//alert("Error: DIV with ID \""+setting.wrapperid+"\" not found on page.")
return
}

If it's really the same problem, try the above quoted solution first. It's in the simplegallery.js file.

I can leave The URL

Yes you can (best to post it without the http part or the www part). If you want more help though, and the above is not the solution, please start a new thread for a new question and include the URL there.