PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Site Builder Help w/Ufade script

BeHereNow
03-25-2009, 12:38 AM
I am also not able to get this to work. Is there anyone that can take a look at it? Thanks

jscheuer1
03-25-2009, 12:50 AM
In future, please post a new thread for a new question, like here where I've moved this and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Also:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

BeHereNow
03-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the tips on how to do this. Here is the link to my page: http://mygoodhands.com/test_page.html

jscheuer1
03-25-2009, 03:26 AM
Well, I know next to nothing about Yahoo Site Builder. But from looking at the served source code of your page (you can see it by clicking 'View' > ['View' or 'Page' or ''] 'source' (essentially 'View Source') - from the various browser's menus - whatever is available in your browser to view the page source), I see (note highlighted):

. . . tainer=iebrowser? iebrowser["master"+this.slideshowid] : document.getElementById("master"+this.slideshowid)
crossobjcontainer.onmouseover=function(){cacheobj.mouseovercheck=1}
crossobjcontainer.onmouseout=function(){cacheobj.mouseovercheck=0}
}
this.rotateimage()
}

</script><!--$end pageHtmlBefore$-->
</head>
<!--$pageHtmlInside <script type="text/javascript">
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 342, 229, 0, 2500, 1,,)
//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
//new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
//new fadeshow(fadeimages2, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 0)

</script>$-->
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#797979" link="#0000FF" vlink="#800080" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" &lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 342, 229, 0, 2500, 1,,)
//new fadeshow(IMAGES_ARRAY_NAME, slideshow_width, slideshow_height, borderwidth, delay, pause (0=no, 1=yes), optionalRandomOrder)
//new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
//new fadeshow(fadeimages2, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 0)

&lt;/script&gt;> . . .

The first of which is simply an html comment block. The second is just trailing garbage in the opening body tag. What you want to see is something like:

<script type="text/javascript">
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 342, 229, 0, 2500, 1)
</script>

located somewhere in between <body> and </body>, preferably in the spot in the rest of your rendered HTML markup where you want the slide show to appear. The slide show itself is like a div element, so wherever you put:

<script type="text/javascript">
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 342, 229, 0, 2500, 1)
</script>

It will act very much like a div element, the only difference is that it will present your slide show.

However, there is also the proviso that these images must be in the same folder as the page:

fadeimages[0]=["188.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[1]=["189.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[2]=["203.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[3]=["190.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[4]=["192.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[5]=["197.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[6]=["207.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[7]=["213.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[8]=["253.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[9]=["257.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[10]=["265.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax
fadeimages[11]=["223.jpg", "", ""]//plain image syntax

or have their paths specified relative to the page or absolutely to the domain. On this last point for example:

http://mygoodhands.com/188.jpg

is a 404 not found.

BeHereNow
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks, I'll go back and work with your suggestions.