PDA

View Full Version : Cmotion image gallery help

richcity
03-23-2009, 12:18 AM
1) Script Title: cmotion image gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

3) Describe problem:
Would like to know if it is possible to mask/protect the images on the scroller and or preload the images,I added somesort of preloader script into the html. But im not sure if its working or not,
I was also wondering if there was any advantages in using cmotion2.js and gallerystyle2.css as opposed cmotion original with the original motiongallery.js and gallerystyle.css
I am a novice at this, and may have tons of text/code that is not necessary ,
Can anyone help me with cleaning this up for optimization?
Thanks any help if appreciated,
RIch
This is the link to the site www.kentbaker.com

richcity
03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Or is it to many scripts to much of a load on the browser,
Thanks ,

jscheuer1
03-23-2009, 04:48 PM
You don't need to do any preloading unless you are seeing missing image tokens while your page loads.

However, I would suggest using the new Text and Image Crawler:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crawler/index.htm

It makes sure the images are loaded before showing anything, and allows for a continuous scroll of the images (no 'end of gallery'). It has many options, but if you set it 'mouse driven' with no 'moveatleast' it will otherwise be the same as Cmotion. It also plays well with most other scripts, something Cmotion does not.

As to protecting images, there is no way. If you can see it, you can get it. You can make things hard for people who don't know what they are doing, but you cannot prevent someone who knows how from copying the images. Copyright law protects you should someone copy your image(s) and use it in a way that harms you - generally by diverting business from you that is rightfully yours. Often if you see your images elsewhere on the web, a simple email to the site's owner or their ISP will put an end to that. With important work, mail a copy of it to yourself. Don't open the envelope unless you are in court or some other forum where proof of copyright is required. The postmark on the envelope will prove date of copyright. Also with images it is wise to use lower resolution (optimized) versions, and/or to watermark them. If an image is optimized properly, it will still look very good on your site, but it will not be any good for printing or sampling. At the same time, optimized images require less time to load, and less bandwidth.

richcity
03-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Im still adjusting the crawler version.
Cant really get it to slide as smooth as cmotion.
But im slow lol ill tweak around a lil bit and see if i can get
my results,
Thank you, for your time and help.
Great forum,