PDA

View Full Version : Site now crashes browser

dazeweeble
08-11-2005, 12:06 AM
http://www.weebleworks.com/pfd

Hello all,
Maybe someone could be kind enough to clue me in as to why this site either crashes IE or brings up the activex bar.
It works perfectly on my machine and 5 other machines I've tested it on but when it's viewed on the client's machine it crashes the browser. This problem didn't happen until recently, previous version worked fine. Monday, every page except the first one crashed the browser. Today, all the pages work except the contact page.
I'm currently redoing the contact page, because there's something going wrong with that main page.
I thought at one point it was the slideshow script but that script isn't present on the contact page.
If anyone can offer some kind of a assistance as to what the problem might be it will be greatly appreciated.

Arctic Fox
08-11-2005, 05:01 AM
It's the 's in designs. There's not suppose to be an apostrophy.
:D

Twey
08-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Escape it with a backslash.
' becomes \'

dazeweeble
08-12-2005, 02:54 AM
Thank you both for the reply. After doing some searching I found some insight as to the activex bar. There's some flaw in IE that viewing a site locally brings up the bar because it assumes the pages with scripts in them should be deemed as restricted level sites but not when viewed from a url. eh go figure, he doesn't believe me but I told him to get rid of his crappy machine and start using firefox.

Twey
08-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Aye to that. Glad you got it sorted.