PDA

View Full Version : IE Operation Aborted - Random Content Order Script

yaani
03-17-2009, 10:45 PM
1) Script Title: Random Content Order

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/randomcontentorder.htm

3) Describe problem: Script works fine in Firefox. It causes Operation Aborted error in IE7. The page will load fine in IE7 if & take the script out.

I am testing the website here - www.gaddyproperty.com/gcki

I am using the script to display the sponsor logos in a random order on page load or page refresh. I have the script working just fine in Firefox & IE7 for the same purpose on this site www.southwestregionalcup.com.

I would really like to use the script again on the GCKI site if I can just fix the IE Operation Aborted error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

abennett
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm getting the very same issue with IE users with another DD script. one of the drop down menu scripts. I took it out and tested the site and the problem was indeed the DD script. Can anyone help us out with an IE workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the site with drop down menu, and without (IE).

www.amybennett.com
www.amybennett.com/IE.html

abennett
03-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh, and Yaani. It should be noted that the page I posted also features a random image display code that doesn't cause problems in IE. Maybe you want to look at my code to see what script I used? Might be of some help for your issue.

yaani
03-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Amy,

I fixed my problem. Apparently there was a javascript conflict with another feature. I removed the other feature & the Random Image script now works just fine.

Try removing/turning off other features & see if it is possibly a javascript conflict.