PDA

View Full Version : Regarding disappearance of dropdown boxes & list boxes in IE 6.0

rajesh madhavan
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (v2.1)

Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

Hi, Iam using the above menu from dynamic drive. When a user does a mouseover of a menu in the multilevel menu the listboxes and dropdown boxes disappear.

I understand that there is an iframe in the menu that shimmies down till the end of the window. Am not sure if this iframe is the one that is blocking off the list boxes and the dropdown boxes.

The browser iam using IE 6.0. The menu is ok in IE 7.0. This means that the iFrame is not blocking the objects like list box and drop down boxes.

I also read in an article that in IE 6.0 the components are windows rendered while in IE 7.0 they are browser rendered, am not sure though.

Can some one help me out with this?

Thanks in advance
Rajesh

ddadmin
03-15-2009, 03:18 AM
If you disable the IFRAME shim feature inside the script (an option inside the .js file), do the list boxes still disappear in IE6?

Regardless though, more importantly, do the list boxes reappear when the user mouses out of the sub menus in IE6? If so then it shouldn't be an issue rather than perhaps aesthetics.