PDA

View Full Version : Swiss army and Ultimate fade together

tmate
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
wondering if you can help me solve this.
trying to put two different kinds of slide shows on this page.
the top Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow (v1.51): works nicely, but is interferred with when I add the Swiss Army slides2.

in firefox the first pic of the slides2 shows up briefly at the top and that lower slide show pix won't appear at all.....
IE, lower slide show pix not appearing

http://www.tmatelson.com/TEST/details.html

thank you
Teri

jscheuer1
03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Oddly enough, even though these two scripts are both object oriented and therefore have none of the normal sorts of code conflicts that two scripts often have, they both use the same base id names for elements that they generate. Since scripts can only deal with one element per page with a given id, that is where the conflict is coming from.

I did a case sensitive search and replace on the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow for the two key words used for this purpose, replacing all occurrences of:

master

with:

umaster

And replacing all occurances of:

canvas

with:

ucanvas

after that, both shows worked fine.

However, since a given Swiss Army show can be configured to look exactly the same as the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow, you could always just use two Swiss Army shows. This would be better, as there would be much less script code associated with the page. The only difference is that since Swiss Army incrementally preloads its images, the timing may be a little slower at first until all of the images are cached. But if the Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow has a similar problem, it looks even worse, showing missing image tokens or no image(s) at all.

tmate
03-12-2009, 03:55 PM
john.... thank you again - that did solve the slide shows' compatibility issue. I appreciate your help so much, and you respond so quickly. thank you
Teri