PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider 2.4 FLV using Ajax IE Issue

pablo631
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Featured Content Slider v2.4
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

I'm using the Featured content slider 2.4 as a video player to switch between videos using ajax. It works flawlessly in every browser except IE (6, 7 and 8) The videos actually play nicely, except when you switch between them, they don't stop playing. So you still hear the audio from the other video while watching a new video. It seems all the other browsers, unload the content from the previous movie. Any idea on why this is happening?

You can see what I am talking about here:

http://www.eagletonschool.com/videos.html?slider2=2

pablo631
07-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Anyone have a solution to this?

ddadmin
07-09-2009, 10:32 PM
This isn't so much an issue with the script itself, but rather, just how browsers handle Flash content that has been hidden using CSS's display:none property. In some browsers such as Firefox, it also stops the Flash from playing, while in IE, it apparently doesn't. If you can control the playing/stopping of the Flash content via JavaScript, one solution is simply to call that each time the user goes to a FCV content.

pablo631
07-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. I tried searching around for a simple javascript that could target a particular movie and tell it to stop playing but I didn't see anything that wasn't overly complicated. You said there was a simple script that could accomplish this?

ddadmin
07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't think there's a premade JavaScript that generically stops/plays any Flash movie, as this depends on how your Flash movie is implemented and the available methods it offers to manipulate it. I'm not too familiar with Flash, so I may be wrong on this.

mohan
04-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Here also same problem in ie browsers, What do you mean by "FCV content"? what is need to do in onchange event?