PDA

View Full Version : Problems with step carousel in IE

mastubbs
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
1) Script Title: Step Carousel Viewer v1.6.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...epcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi all,

Having a slightly odd problem. Im using step carousel on my site which seems to work fine in FF, chrome, safari but not IE for some reason.

Basically what happens is that the belt gets stuck in the wrong part of the page. When i move the cursor over it a few times or click around a bit it jumps back to where it is supposed to be.

I think the reason is that the page (when loading) is quite large because i am also using a tab script, of which the content loads before its javascript files and so for a second all the contents of the page (and all the tabs) are visible. It seems that during this time the belt loads and takes up position. When the javascript from the tab script kicks in all the tabs' contents (which were stacked up vertically on the page) disappear into their tabs and so (because the page is vertically centred) everything squashes back up into the middle, but the carousel stays where it is.

Anyone have any ideas to fix this? Maybe to make the belt load only after the tabs are settled down so that it loads in the right place? The problem with this is to make it all a bit more confusing the tabs are inside a php include of a different php page on the main page, so i dont know if its possible to set something on one page to load after the thing on the other page (include) has finished loading. I hope that makes sense,

I first posted about this a few months ago so its been causing me grief for a while now!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

mastubbs
03-09-2009, 09:09 PM
no one got any idea?