PDA

View Full Version : DD Drop Down Panel

Shammus
03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
1) Script Title: DD Drop Down Panel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dddropdownpanel.htm

3) Describe problem:

I might have found a bug on this script. I had everything working just fine when I was working with your script "as is". However, the script is set to work to a width of 100% of your screen size. If I try assigning a width to the .ddpanel .ddpanelcontent class listed in the stylesheet, OR if I place all of the HTML in a wrapper <div>, an odd little glitch occurs. The toggle still works for the most part, however if you happen to refresh the page while the "toggle content" is open and then go back to click the toggle button again, the ddpanelcontent <div> then opens up to an infinite height and the script essentially breaks. It's doing this basically in all browsers.

Thank you in advance for the input!

jscheuer1
03-06-2009, 06:13 PM
This could also just be an artifact of your layout and/or styles - or something else about your page conflicting. In any case, it would be much easier to advise you if we had a link to the page:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Please also include exact instructions on what we must do to get it to misbehave.

Shammus
03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Actually, this is just a brand new page on my local desktop that I started. So it's empty except for your script. I set it up without making any changes at all so it was operating properly. Then I tried adjusting the width and I noticed that glitch. I can send you a zip file of what I have started if that would help....

Shammus
03-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Instructions are simple -

1. place a <div> around the entire HTML, set that <div> to any width, say 700px

2. Then after you save that out, go back to your browser and click the toggle button so the content expands.

3. While the content is expanded, refresh your page

4. The expanding content will remain open while your page refreshes. After the page is done refreshing itself, try to hide the content by clicking the toggle button again.

This is where you should see things go awry. Instead of closing, the content panel expands further and appears to expand on infinitely. The page may begin to flash uncontrollably depending on which browser you're in and the toggle switch will no longer work either.

Hope that helps....

jscheuer1
03-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I see what you mean. That's not really a bug so much though, unless it is suggested on the demo page. Otherwise, I'd just say to avoid doing that. The panel and its components may be styled to achieve the same sort of visual impact as wrapping it does, without that obvious problem.

Shammus
03-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Weird. I threw it in a couple sites here on my local server and the script didn't have that glitch at all in any browser. It just fit normally into the parent content holder <div> which even had a width assigned to it.

One other small thing that I noticed. In IE 7 and FF, if you have the content panel expanded, and you refresh the page, the content panel stays open. In IE 6, the panel closes when you refresh the page.

jscheuer1
03-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Might have to do with no additional content on the page then. That can often be a factor in situations like these.

About IE 6, since this behavior is cookie driven, IE 6 will not do cookies unless it is the primary IE browser (different from primary browser) on a computer. Say IE 7 is the default IE on your system and you are running IE 6 as a standalone, that IE 6 will not do cookies.