PDA

View Full Version : Drop Tab Menu resize problem

JonnyThunder
03-06-2009, 08:39 AM
1) Script Title: Drop Down Tabs (5 styles)

2) Script URL (on DD): Click here for DD Tab page (http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm) (Example 2)

3) Describe problem: Resize doesn't work under Internet Explorer

Hello! First off - awesome site for learning CSS! Only just found this place a few days ago, but am bowled over by the seriously cool stuff I've found here - so keep up the good work!

I've been looking to incorporate the above tab menu into my website and have managed to integrate it no problem. The only issue I've found, is that when the page is resized in Internet Explorer, the tab text goes wonky. It does this under IE6 / IE7 but not under Firefox (presumably because firefox renders the page how it should be rendered!). Is there any way to fix this? I'm trying to keep my pages following a flexible sizing standard for people with poor vision, so resizing is a must.

Many thanks in advance, and once again... thanks for the hard work on this site.

Snookerman
03-06-2009, 11:02 AM
The demo works fine here, if the problem occurs on your site:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script or attach your code so we can check it out and help you.

JonnyThunder
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Please find attached, a screenshot of the page linked from above - in Internet Explorer 7.0.5730. I've tried this (from work) on a few different PCs running IE7 with the same results.

The menus continue to function correctly - it's just the tab titles which are messed up.

(To achieve this result, I went to the page - then Ctrl-Scrolled down a couple of clicks)

JonnyThunder
03-06-2009, 03:12 PM
What I find interesting about this, is that example 2 and 5 both have this issue - but the rest dont. Even if you hover Example 3, the alignment is correct - the only bit thats messing up is the tab menu text when there is a box.

Any ideas anyone?

JonnyThunder
03-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Can nobody help with this?

Snookerman
03-09-2009, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure I understand when this problem occurs, is it when you resize the browser or the text size or when you zoom in or something else?

JonnyThunder
03-09-2009, 08:32 AM
When I view Example 2 of the Drop Down Tabs (http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm) page on this site using Firefox, I can hold down CTRL and scroll my mouse to zoom in and out. I can also use CTRL and + or - to achieve the same result. The resizing works perfectly, and all text resizes and menus work correctly.

Under Internet Explorer 6 / 7, if I do the same thing using CTRL and scroll, or + and - then the text all resizes as expected, but two things happen. (1) the menu tab text doesn't stay in line with the tabs and (2) the larger you make the text, the further away the drop down menu is when it pops up (as shown in example attached)