PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Javascript highlight letter

ShadowIce
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi everybody! Does anyone know a link as to where I can download a Javascript that makes the letters of any text slide across the screen 1 by 1 at a given speed, and highlight a word letter by letter in a given color?

Nile
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Do you mean like they have in PowerPoint, one word goes across the screen, stops, then the next word does?

Or:

Do you want a marquee (example (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42426))

Or:

Do you want say five words, first word #1 scrolls across the screen, enters stage (right/left) and exists stage (left/right). Then #2, then 3, 4, 5. [Then again?]

ShadowIce
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes, like powerpoint.

For example, it will do this:

Test

but it will change like so:

Test It will display a word of a given paragraph word by word at a selected speed & color for each word and it has correct paragraph formatting, like so:

Test(waits x millisecs) (displays)

You know, like when a signer or speaker reads a certain page of information and it highlights the word?

EDIT:

Come to think of it, it will color letter by letter and word by word if chosen.

Nile
03-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Ok, so do you want(now):
(were spelling out Hi)...

First quater of the H, then Half, then 3 quarters, then whole.
Then quater of I, half, 3 quaters, whole.

Or:

Do you want:
H

Then an I scrolls in:

Hi.

ShadowIce
03-08-2009, 03:21 PM
You know how when a speaker is reading something and it highlights it? Like that :)

So I shall say First quarter, half, 3 quarter, whole.

I would also like it to have a speed variable so I can change the speed, and a color variable, so I can change the color either by hex and/or color name :)

Thanks! :)

~SI~

ShadowIce
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Nile? X_X

ShadowIce
03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Anyone?