PDA

View Full Version : how <textarea> data may be passed in a hidden form field or in a cookie ? is needed a

leonidassavvides
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM
how <textarea> data may be passed in a hidden form field or in a cookie ? is needed any encoding ? in javascript ?

Nile
03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
What do you mean? What do you want the process to be? Do you want someone to submit a form, then move on to the next page where the textarea from the previous page is hidden inside a hidden input? Or while your typing, the hidden input is changed the to textarea's value(may I ask why you would want that if thats what you want?).

If you were to do the first thing I said, it would be something like this:

<form action="next.php" method="post">
<textarea name="text"></textarea><br />
<input type="submit" name="submit" />
</form>

(next.php)

<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit'])){
if(!empty($_POST['text']) || $_POST['text'] != ""){
$hidden = $_POST['text'];
} else {
die("You forgot to fill in something, bud!");
}
} else {
die("You have to press the submit button before you can get here!");
}
?>
<form action="idk.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" value="<?php echo $hidden; ?>" />
</form>

leonidassavvides
03-04-2009, 07:49 AM
I mean what if textarea has points user hit the ENTER key in the end of line(new line char) ? rather than that, exist any other trick ?
I want appear a textarea with some other controls. and in the same page another form(text fields) ,if the latter submitted the same page reappears with values entered in the first form (textarea&controls) the same as they were, and as second form(in place of second form before that disappears now) and in its place takes another form - a button with hidden fields including first textarea field as hidden (if you modify textarea in the latest stage then the new value appear in the hidden not the first) , well ?

I am using XHTML/JAVASCRIPT/PHP/MYSQL, I think the point is with javascript, hiddens and cookies (textarea data) ...

Nile
03-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Please use proper grammar. If English is not your first language, please spell check and grammar check.

I know English is probably your second language, but I cannot understand you, and that means I cannot help you.

Sorry!!

leonidassavvides
03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
If in a textarea a user hit the ENTER key in the end of line(new line char) may still store this string data to a javascript hidden or cookie ?? just tell me what to do to store,...encoding...? rather than that, exist any other trick ?

page1(submits to page2(form2))
=====
form1(textarea)
form2(register)

page2
=====
form1(textarea) // takes values from page1
form3(hiddens incl. textarea-takes values via js-onchange---submit to database the textarea)
---------------------------------------------------
I want to enter to database table the textarea html field from form1, well I must store its value to hiddens and to keep state between page1 & page2 to cookies, what to do ?
how encode new lines ?

Nile
03-05-2009, 12:06 AM
What happens with the user presses the return/enter button. Does it not record? Or do you want the enter line to be in that cookie? So when it inserts the database it will have an enter?

leonidassavvides
03-05-2009, 04:50 AM
when we press submit (form2 page1) the nextpage's textarea has no value, samely the hidden when press submit (form3 page2) has no value so comments db/table/field do not get value , well ?