PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow - IE error

banj
03-03-2009, 02:21 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

Internet explorer automatically detects a security threat in the script and blocks the content, however, I have seen this script automatically load.

How can I get past IE with this script?

Thanks

Nile
03-03-2009, 02:25 AM
What is the error you are getting? Does it say something like:

This document contains scripts such as ActiveX which are being blocked

If so, this only appears when you are running a javascript from your machine.

If it doesn't, can you please tell us what error it is giving?

banj
03-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Hi Nile,

Thanks for the speedy response.

I have just figured that this only comes up whilst 'previewing' from DW to IE but not when uploaded onto the internet.

So, in conclusion it seems to be fine.

My question (and probably a basic one at that) is why does IE block the content preview and FF does not (direct from Dream Weaver).

Regards,

banj

jscheuer1
03-03-2009, 05:05 AM
IE has the ability to directly access files on your computer. This can be done via javascript that employs Active X controls (only IE can use Active X controls). For some reason MS decided that since when a script is run locally, this danger is even greater, that they would have local pages with any javascript on them, even ones that don't use Active X controls, give this warning.

It is a bit of overkill, and doesn't really prevent the threat, because someone may always click OK, and the fact that it doesn't discriminate between safe javascript and scripts running Active X controls, makes it a bit like the little boy who cried wolf.

Bottom line - only test locally in FF unless you are 100% sure the script is safe to run locally.