PDA

View Full Version : Javascript not working in facebook app

clowes
02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I have a script which integrates JS, and PHP such that on selecting something from select box one, values are grabbed, and inserted into select box 2.

This is such that you can select a county, and then a town from within that county.

I hate JS with a passion, but it is useful. I got it working on my website, but it doesnt work from within a facebook app.

The facebook app documentation is **** ! I cannot understand it at all.

Could annyone advise as to how I can get this working in facebook.
Thanks

clowes
03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Anyone? I could really do with a hand here..

Snookerman
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script or attach your code so we can check it out and help you.

clowes
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
My question is general though. Furthermore I cannot show you my code, as it is all Facebook based.

Im essentially asking how do I convert javascript/ajax in general such that it works on facebook.
Cheers

bill.onthebeach
04-15-2010, 06:31 PM
as you probably figured out, facebook does not generally support javascript, some of it has been duplicated in the proprietary fbml and fbjs tags (see fb developer wiki for details). however, depending on exactly what it is you are trying to do, there may be a workaround if you are working in static fbml/custom fanpages as opposed to a developer application. Please confirm your interest in this topic and send more details of what you are trying to do, not code.
bill.onthebeach