PDA

View Full Version : Drop down/ Overlapping Content script

DavidDowle
02-24-2009, 11:40 PM
1) Script Title: :: Drop down/ Overlapping Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I love this script, but, have one slight problem. I am using the option to call content from an external file, which is working great, apart from one issue. There are image files called on the external file, which I want to use the ALT tag for. When you mouse over the image, ordinarily the ALT content is displayed in a call out, however, not where opened by this script.

Does anyone know a fix?

thanks

David

jscheuer1
02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
There is no ALT tag. If you mean the alt attribute, that is not how browsers are supposed to behave as regards the alt attribute. IE will show a tool tip type thing, if there is no title attribute for the image. All other browsers require a title attribute for that. Ordinarily though an image tag imported via AJAX will retain all of its ordinary attributes and they will continue to behave as they would in any given browser. Sometimes though, if the imported code is invalid, it will be altered on import, this can have unexpected consequences. Or, if the alt behavior you are talking about requires a script to run, if the script is on the imported page, it usually will either not import or will not run on import. Or it could be something else.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.