PDA

View Full Version : Firefox/MSIE behaviour with CSS Popup Image Viewer

davidhwv
02-22-2009, 02:23 PM
1) CSS Popup Image Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/css-popup-image-viewer/

Hello,

I’m incorporating CSS Popup Image Viewer (for me, a great addition) and getting a curious return between Firefox and MSIE.

I’m attempting to use this as a Mouseover on certain words in text paragraphs (which when rolled over, will pop up a relevant image). When I first plugged this in, seeing that the words showed as ‘links’ (underlined), I added the line <!--A{text-decoration:none}-->

I was only using Firefox at first and by adding this line, the ‘links’ had no underline (just colour) and the Image Viewer worked perfectly. However, when I checked using MSIE, the images popped up at top left (and, if I was far enough down the page, disappeared out of sight entirely).

Removing my added ‘text decoration:none’ line allowed MSIE to run properly, however I would like to rid the ‘links’ of their underline. Is there a way of achieving this?

As a second - and probably more important - problem, even though I now have MSIE working correctly with this Image Viewer the text and ‘link’ are joined (within a paragraph of text as word word word word linkword word word). This does not happen in Firefox. Can this be fixed?

Any help would be appreciated.

tia, David.