PDA

View Full Version : Problem with transfer to new server



varidzok
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
1) Script Title: billboard.js

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/dhtmlbillboard.htm

3) Describe problem: I had to transfer my site to another server with IIS7 (site was on iis6 previously), and the javascript is not working remotely. It works when openned locally - either on server or local computer, but from a browser, I get undefined and a green field. Is this an IIS7 issue or what? Thanks!

jscheuer1
02-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Might just be permissions or the mime type configuration of files and/or folders. Do you have a link to the site?

varidzok
02-21-2009, 04:02 PM
http://cimcollege.rs

older one is http://cimcollege.co.rs/

varidzok
02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
yeah, it was mime type configuration issue. Thanks!

jscheuer1
02-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, this may be unrelated, but on the new site the config/utisak.cc, config/novosti.cc, config/partneri.cc and config/predstavljamo.cc files are all 404 not found. This could be throwing off the execution of other scripts. If they really are on the server, there is something wrong with them, but the 404 generally means that they are truly missing.

I checked the generated source code of the two pages, and the one that is not working has not generated the code required for the billboard script. This could be the error caused in the billboard script by these other files being missing.

Now, the missing files may be on the server in another location, or the upper and lower case of their path and/or filenames may not agree with that written in the page's source code. I suppose it is also possible that since they are .cc, that the server may not know to serve them as javascript, but that shouldn't result in a 404 not found. If it is though, that would be a mime type configuration on the server side. But since their tags are technically invalid (the language attribute has been deprecated for the script tag and the type attribute is required) just fixing that may help if the files are truly available. Fixing it won't hurt anything, ex:


<script type="text/javascript" src="config/utisak.cc"></script>

varidzok
02-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I found that too. I just added .cc MIME type text/plain, and it seems to be working ok now.

jscheuer1
02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
A mime type of text/javascript might be better, as it (the dhtmllib scroller) is still not working in Opera, but that could be due to other reasons, like the dhtmllib scroller script itself may not be Opera compatible.