PDA

View Full Version : All Levels Navigation Menu - Using rel=nofollow?



phanak
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I have spend hours upon hours implementing this script and getting to to work how I want.... but I ran into a problem. I need to use rel="nofollow" in some links. The problem is that the script uses the rel attribute to assign the submenus.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/

If I attempt to assign a rel=nofollow to a link....it breaks script. :(

Any ideas of how to fix this? I attempted to change all the rel= to rev= in both the script and the attribute.... but that did not work.

Help?

ddadmin
02-17-2009, 06:57 PM
A simple search and replace of "rel" inside the .js file with "rev" instead should do it. I've attached the modified .js file. Inside your HTML, be sure to change rel="..." to rev="...".

phanak
02-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I wish it were that easy. :) Like I said in the post, I tried that already. And then I just tried it again since you said it.... and.... well.... it just doesn't work.... :(

Any other ideas? Thanks bunch for the response.

blackballoon
02-17-2009, 11:55 PM
you could try it like this. i am not sure it will work but give it a spin.
<a href="LINK" rel="nofollow">

ddadmin
02-18-2009, 12:44 AM
I wish it were that easy. :) Like I said in the post, I tried that already. And then I just tried it again since you said it.... and.... well.... it just doesn't work.... :(

Any other ideas? Thanks bunch for the response.

It does for me actually. I tested using the modified .js file, plus changing rel to rev inside the menu HTML. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

phanak
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry for the late reply. For some reason, I wasnt notified of new posts. :(


you could try it like this. i am not sure it will work but give it a spin.
<a href="LINK" rel="nofollow">

thats the problem. the rel= is used by the javascript.... even rel=booger would case the problem...

ddadmin - my apologies for not believing you :)

I had forgotted I consolidated all the javascripts into one file to clean up my <head> the changes I made were to the single ddlevel javascript file, not the included one. No wonder it wouldnt work!!!

And instead of the rev, i renamed them to narf to see if it would work, and yep! Sure did. :)

Thanks a bunch for the help!