View Full Version : Thumbnailviewer2.js not working

02-15-2009, 12:54 PM

I too have this problem, I created a site for a friend and used this gallery setup which has now stopped working??.

It still works if I run the file locally on my own machine which is more confusing.

I tried the fixes that were suggested but these didn't seem to do anyting.

I applied the fix to this page:

Other pages have been left the way they were when It was working before.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Moved From:

02-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Generally it is best to start a new thread for a new question, even if you think you have the same question.

In any case, the situation here is different. Your pages aren't working in any browsers, the thread you posted to was about the script not working only in IE.

When I try to view the scripts involved on your pages I get a 403 Forbidden for the thumbnailviewer2.js file. This means that the permissions for the file:


and/or the folder:


are not set properly. Use your FTP program or whatever it is that you use to manage the site, to make sure that the permissions are set properly for general access to that folder and that file. If you need help with that, contact the host.

There could also be other problems.

02-16-2009, 04:38 PM

Apologies for adding to the thread, I only realised after that it was closed and that I should've posted a new thread more on topic.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the permissions on all the relevant files and folders both through my ftp program and Cpanel.
It all seems to be correct. but I still get the 403 forbidden error

I had contacted the service provider initially, they assured me that nothing has changed on the server. I find this strange as I haven't changed anything on this site until now.
I've contacted them again regarding the issue.

I'll keep you posted.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

02-17-2009, 03:44 AM
The script is working/accessible now. The current problem appears to be that:


and similar are 404 not found. Either they are not on the server, or if they are, they are in a different location, or there is a disagreement in the upper and lower case of the path and/or filename. Remember, upper and lower case almost always matter on the web, usually not on the local machine.

02-18-2009, 09:10 AM
jscheuer1 thanks for your continuing help on this subject.

I changed all filenames to lowercase (school boy mistake there) :confused:
This still had no effect so I decided to put the Javascript into each page, this has worked and would logically point to the fact that something is blocking access to the .js file.

Now I just need to get the hosting company to acknowledge that somehting might have indeed happened on this server to block access to any .js file (I tried a different filename).

One plus I suppose is the server is doing all the charset conversion to avoid the IE bug.

Thanks for your help again.