PDA

View Full Version : Smart Folding Menu Tree Script - Top Level Lists

ted_thompson61
08-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Smart Folding Menu Tree Script
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------

I have just 2 more questions on this script.

1) What is the proper way to have top level list bullets inside the script so that the same formatting, spacing, etc. gets applied to this item as well as the rest of the folding menu? This seems to work fine, mixing list items and folders at lower levels, but not at the top level. For example, I want:

L - List Item 1
F - Folder Item 2
List Item 2.1
F - Folder Item 3
List Item 3.1
L - List Item 2

Whenever I declare the last list item as a UL ID and a folding list with the display set to 'list', clicking on the list opens up Folder Item 3.

Alternatively, using images and a href statements you get different formatting/spacing from the folding menus. Plus you can't seem to get these closer than one line to the expanding folders. When you use images with links to achieve the same effect outside of the folding menus, you get:

L- List Item 1

F - Folder Item 1
List Item 2.1
F - Folder Item 2
List Item 3.1

L - List Item 2

Extra Spaces?

2) If I change the display type from 'none' to 'list' it shows the contents of the folder when the page is opened, but the folder is closed. What is the proper way to do that?

You guys have been a great help. One of the best boards I've been to for help like this.

Thanks,

--Ted

ted_thompson61
08-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Bump

How do you make a top level LIST using the list.gif, that is on the same level as the other folders?