PDA

View Full Version : Include Jimís DHTML menu in former Powerpoint page

G-boy
10-17-2004, 07:08 AM
I have saved a powerpoint presentation (one sheet) as HTML page, so I can publish this on the net. Till there no problem, but I know that the source code that powerpoint generates is not that clean as a selfwritten webpage.
The problem starts when I want to integrate Jimís DHTML menu versie 5.7 javascript in a horizontal green area on top of this page. I have followed the installation manual of this script but without any result.

I was probably much to optimistic. I am trying already 3 days since I am not an experienced HTML user.

The reason why I start from the powerpoint presentation is that my grandfather has used this package from the start the setup an electronic overwiew of his stamp collection. At this moment there are more then 100 powerpoint sheets with important information for him, and he wants to update the collection by himself. I cannot convince him to learn html on his age (78 years). Everything needs to be as simple as possible for him so he can publish everything by himself.

If someone is interested and wants to review a sample of one sheet, I can send this file. At this moment there nothing online so I cann't give a link.

Thanks a lot,

G-boy from Belgium :confused: :confused: :confused:

cr3ative
10-17-2004, 07:48 AM
Powerpoint probably uses truckloads of DHTML and Javascripts to make the effects work. It is most likely that if the case is that one of these scripts uses the same variables as Jim's DHTML Menu, that it will never work unless all variables are independently renamed.

cr3ative

G-boy
10-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Thx cr3ative,

I am gonna check the variables. Hopefully I will find something that is double used.

G-boy