PDA

View Full Version : Dynamically Add Panels to Step Carousel

MDCragg
02-04-2009, 05:22 AM
1) Script Title: Step Carousel Viewer v1.6.1

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

3) Describe problem: Is it possible to add panels to Step Carousel dynamically during page load? I have a variable number of panels that I want to load and each contains some fairly elaborate vb.net markup.

Any help anybody can provide on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

MDCragg

ddadmin
02-05-2009, 06:51 AM
It depends what you mean by "during page load". If you mean initially as the page is loading, you would simply have the server dynamically output the HTML of the Carousel Viewer as if you had manually added it to the page's source, and that's it. Or do you mean after the page has loaded? If so, please provide more details.

MDCragg
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I need to populate Step Carousel only once...during page load. Most specifically, I need to know what commands to use and also how to invoke them using VB.Net in an ASP page's Page_Load sub. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

MDCragg

ddadmin
02-06-2009, 08:13 AM
In general, the checklist for using any server side language to dynamically output client side JavaScript is the same. As long as what gets output to the browser looks identical to as if you've manually included the script (in this case Step Carousel viewer) on your page, it will work. I'm not familiar with VB.net unfortunately, so can't really help with how to exactly go about this.

chrisjob012
03-09-2009, 09:20 PM
It depends what you mean by "during page load". If you mean initially as the page is loading, you would simply have the server dynamically output the HTML of the Carousel Viewer as if you had manually added it to the page's source, and that's it. Or do you mean after the page has loaded? If so, please provide more details.

i would like to load the images after page loads.

ie suppose i have 1000 images, it wouldnt be fine if i load it initially along the page load. i would prefer then to be loaded 20 each at a time. so if the user comes to the 17 or 18 image it will fetch the next 20... like that...

any ideas?

eric_js
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi,

I too need to dynamically add panels, and I mean initially as the page is loading. It's not an option for me to change my webapp infrastructure to deliver me divs, though I will be getting the information to populate the carousel from an ajax call, in the form if JSON data which I'll use to create the divs.

Short of hacking the stepcarousel source, is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Eric

ltaillard
07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Hello,

I have the same question that Eric,

did you succeed to refresh the script to use JSON data ??

thx a lot,

Léo