PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Featured Content Slider v2.4 Issue

eslaydon
02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: LOVE this script! I've used it for a long time on our site but now I need it to jump through a few more hoops. Here is what I need: I need 3 instances of the slider running on ONE page in ONE spot with section links that allow you to rotate through them. So say you have a news slider that has 3 unique sections of "state" "local" and "government". Each section needs it's own paging and has it's own contentdivs and needs to exist in the same space AND once it runs through a section I would need it to go on to the next.

I managed to get it working so-so in Firefox (sorry url behind a firewall), but IE is refusing to play. It has a perpetual page load that I can't get rid of.

I'm using a simple hide/show div content script of:

<script type="text/javascript">
function clearall() {
document.getElementById('state').style.display="none";
document.getElementById('local').style.display="none";
document.getElementById('gov').style.display="none";
}
function toggle(foo) {
document.getElementById(foo).style.display="block"
}

</script>

I then have a onload:

<body onload="clearall();toggle('state')">

I then have 3 separate divs for each - here is the last one:

<div id="gov">
<div class="pagination" id="paginate-slider3"></div>
<div id="slider3" class="sliderwrapper">

<div class="contentdiv" style="padding:0;">
<a href="">content here</a></div>
</div>

</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
featuredcontentslider.init({
id: "slider3", //id of main slider DIV
contentsource: ["inline", ""], //Valid values: ["inline", ""] or ["ajax", "path_to_file"]
toc: "#increment", //Valid values: "#increment", "markup", ["label1", "label2", etc]
nextprev: ["Prev", "Next"], //labels for "prev" and "next" links. Set to "" to hide.
revealtype: "click", //Behavior of pagination links to reveal the slides: "click" or "mouseover"
enablefade: [true, 0.2], //[true/false, fadedegree]
autorotate: [true, 3000], //[true/false, pausetime]
onChange: function(previndex, curindex){ //event handler fired whenever script changes slide
//previndex holds index of last slide viewed b4 current (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
//curindex holds index of currently shown slide (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
}
})
</script>

And here is my CSS:

.sliderwrapper{width:384px; height:199px; position:relative; overflow:hidden;}
.sliderwrapper .contentdiv{visibility:hidden; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; padding:10px; width:364px; height:100%;}
.pagination{width:384px; text-align:right; padding:5px 0 7px 0; clear:right;}
.pagination .next, .pagination .prev{font-weight:bold;}
.pagination a{padding:0 5px; text-decoration:none; background-color:#e67a22;}
.pagination a:hover, .pagination a.selected{background-color:#feb571;}
#homePage .pagination a{color:#000000;}
#state, #local, #gov{display:none;}

So any suggestions on how to get this working correctly? Anyone else already have this in place?

thanks!

ddadmin
02-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

eslaydon
02-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Okay - I finally got a simple version of it outside the firewall. http://geocities.com/eslaydon/test.htm
As you can see it will only rotate through the default state - I haven't figured out a way to get it to move to the next one when it finishes a section. Also, when I start adding images and flash in (which I have done successfully with just the standard version of the code in place) then IE starts spinning a page load forever.