PDA

View Full Version : Running more then one script on a page

Aislynne
08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I am kind of new to this and I have checked out the scripts on your site for slidehows they are great.

I was wondering - is it possible to run one of the simple slideshow scripts in more then one place? (ie pic on one side of page has small slide show, further down page on opposite there is another pic slideshow)

I couldn't quite figure out how to get something like that to work.

thanks for the help

ais

Twey
08-01-2005, 12:20 PM
It's possible, but you have to make modifications or they tend to fight if you put them in the same tank. What you often find happening is that the female eats the male, so you have to change their stripes so they don't collide.
/end fish analogy
Usually it's just a case of changing variable names. Depending on the script, more changes might be necessary.

Aislynne
08-01-2005, 12:30 PM
I do not have much experience with this :(

can you direct me to a script that might already have that in it for an example?

thanks so much

jscheuer1
08-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Aside from the tutorial above, which usually is the solution when the problem is two different scripts, you may need to consult:

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?tut=0&part=0&TOshow=allshow#refcon

Which explains how two scripts on the same page may not use the same set of variable names, id names, etc. This is especially important if the problem is two copies of the same script on a page but, can come into play with two different scripts when the first step won't fix it.

One other approach that works in both situations, if adaptable to one (or more) of the scripts, is to put one script in a borderless iframe. It will look like it is on the same page but, since it really is on a separate page, conflicts are no longer an issue.